The Top photo is of Jon at Dunfermline Abbey and Palace in Scotland when we went in 2001 (?). It was B/K (before kids), can you tell? He looked a lot younger then. I remembered the photo and wanted to get a similar one of him with the boys. Success! I think.....
Dunfermline Abbey is where Rober the Bruce is wrapped in gold cloth and laid to rest at the alter inside the Abbey. It is a very interesting place. Majestic and unique. There is also the ruins of where the monks lived and practiced. An amazing place. When were there you could walk over top of Robert the Bruce (there is a decorative metal plate over where he lies covered in plexi-glass). You can't do that anymore. It is roped off. There were two weddings going on while we were there that day as well. What a great place to get married in. Large steps leading up etc. just like how you would picture it. Also, a few of husbands ancestors are buried here in the graveyard that encompasses the Abbey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Awesome idea!
ReplyDeleteThe more I see, the more I want to go to Scotland.