Monday, January 18, 2010

Great Weekend

Friday....night out with a girlfriend of mine that doesn't live here(she was in town). We went to the Vin Room. New to me. Thumbs up but I could have ate more than what we ordered. Nice atmosphere.

Saturday......Connor hockey game(sister came to watch along with Grandma&Grandpa K.). He had fun and scored 3 goals. He was very happy about that. Elliot went to swimming lessons which he loves. He put his goggles on this time and looked so cute. Everytime he went under he would slip his googles down over his eyes and lift them when he came back up. Then Connor's swimming.....he was very anxious and worried about it. I sat by the side and that helped. He did it and I was very proud of him for that. It was hard for him. My rule......kids have to know how to swim. It's a life skill in my eyes. I hope he will thank me later. Confidence comes with practice so here's hoping..... After that we just chilled. Went for a walk in the afternoon for slurpies. It was brisk but very invigorating(I am sure that's not the word the boys would choose).

Sunday......more hockey and it was great too. Elliot had breakfast of champs at the rink....Ketchup chips. Then I drove to COP and the boys and I took a private snowboarding lesson. Very fun and they loved it! Hit McDonald's on the way home and even I had a Big Mac(what up?). Then lights out for both boys and a quiet drive home for mommy. Nice casual supper, Duke's movie for the boys, and I topped the night off with a night to the movies with M.I.L.(mother in law) to see Nine. Great movie. Right up our alley. That is for sure our type of film and way to go Daniel Day Lewis. He did a great job.

What a great weekend. Jam packed and I have a messy house to prove it!

3 comments:

  1. Funny Grandma didn't mention Nine this morning, but we were busy talking about food stuff I think. Glad you enjoyed it - it wasn't what I expected but I'm happy to have seen it. You? Big Mac? Um yeah, what's up with that? I'm googling Vin Room right away. Maybe it'll be the next location for Lou Lou's stagette :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun weekend. I love jam packed weekends. What did you think of snowboarding?

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did'nt mention that you made a new BFF at the pool, what was her name again? LOL

    ReplyDelete